Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has been in full swing for over a month now, and the developer Infinity Ward is already rolling out a ton of fresh content for players. Before Infinity Ward announced the Season One details, they rolled out these two patches that included multiple new free maps and free game modes:
- 1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 11/19/19 Patch Notes: 725 Nerf, Bug Fixes, Mission Fixes, AUG Buff, And More
- 2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 11/22/19 Patch Notes: New Operators, Gun Game, Bug Fixes, And Much More!
Infinity Ward listened to community feedback and is adopting the free gameplay updates and content throughout the year. Let’s dive into all the new content in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season One, including brand new maps, game modes, operators, weapons, and much more!
Call of Duty Modern Warfare: Season One released on December 3, 2019 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
There are seven new maps in Modern Warfare, and maps coming to three different game modes. Ground War, 2V2 Gunfight, and regular Multiplayer got new maps on December 3rd. Some classical maps — such as Call of Duty 4 maps Shipment, Crash, and Vacant — are making a return during Season One. Fans are beyond excited for the return of these maps.
Ground War Map
2v2 Gunfight Maps
There are also two new weapons implemented into the Modern Warfare loot pool. This comes off the back of massive criticism by fans of the game due to the rather one-sided gameplay that the 725 Shotgun has been receiving.
The two new weapons are:
- 1. RAM-7
- 2. Holger-26
The Holger-26 appears to be a variation of another LMG, so we doubt that it will shake up the meta that much. The RAM-7 resembles the fan-favorite TAR-21 from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. If the RAM-7 is anything like the TAR-21, this weapon is sure to shake things up quite a bit.
There are two new operators in Season One: Mara (seen in the video above) and Nikto (pictured below). You can unlock a majority of them by playing the campaign and dong various side quests.
There are three new game modes entering the field:
- 1. Reinforce: A hybrid of Domination and Search & Destroy in which both teams compete for control of three flags.
- 2. Gunfight O.S.P (On Site Procurement): Has a lot of the same mechanics and gameplay as traditional Gunfight, but the difference is that in Gunfight OSP mode, you start each match without any weapons or equipment.
- 3. Infected: A party game mode in which you work with your teammates to survive against infected players who are basically zombies.
Infected was introduced during Modern Warfare 3 and is essentially a zombie mode for Multiplayer. Starting with one or two zombies on one side, the opposing team will be tasked with avoiding these ultra-fast zombies in order to be successful.
Spec Ops Missions
Spec Ops also got some additional game modes. For now, the PS4 exclusive mode got the following new missions:
- Bomb Squad
- Pitch Black
- Just Reward
What is Modern Warfare’s Battle Pass?
Similar to the concept that Fortnite and Apex Legends has implemented, this will be a free tracker of your level for Modern Warfare. The more you play the game the more you will rank up. Completing daily missions and other challenges will also further your progress in-game.
Also similar to Fortnite, players will have the option to purchase the premium Battle Pass with CoD Points that can be purchased in-game. Upgrading your Battle Pass will grant you access to more cosmetic items, such as emblems, skins, and calling cards. There is no prestiging in Modern Warfare. Instead of during each season, a player’s rank will reset to LVL 55, and that is where the Battle Pass progression will begin.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season One Patch Notes
Infinity Ward posted the official patch notes on Reddit here. You can also check out the full Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season One patch notes below.
- Crash 24/7
- Port added to Ground War
- Added Rammaza and Gun Runner to TDM 20 and DOM 20
- Added night maps to Hardcore TDM, Search and Destroy, Cyber Attack
- Gun Game (available in Private Match)
- Shoot House 24/7
- 2v2 Gunfight Tournament
- Riot Shield:
- Tuning to how the Riot Shield protects against grenades when thrown at the players' feet
- Reduced explosive damage within certain ranges
- Fixed a bug where the final killcam would appear under the map when a player got stuck by Thermite or Semtex on the lower part of the body
- Fixed an issue where players stuck inside the Infantry Assault Vehicle would not take damage from Thermite
- Fix for a bug where attempting to scroll to the bottom of the Recent Players list could cause the list to read “No Recent Players” and return to the top
- Gunfight (private match): Fixes ‘Win by Two’ setting to end the game properly once the conditions have been met
Missions and Challenges:The following are now fixed and have had their descriptions updated as needed
- “Close and Personal”
- “Perks of the Job”
- “Bloodthirsty Killer”
- “Destroy Ground Killstreaks” – All player-driven vehicles will count towards this launcher camo challenge
- “Get 50 kills while an enemy UAV is active” – description updated to reflect that the Ghost perk needs to be equipped in order to complete
- Combat Knife challenge descriptions updated
- .357 camo challenge
- Various updates to other camo challenges
- Fix for Officer Challenge completion notifications not appearing on screen
- Improved effectiveness of FMJ on Killstreaks
- Fix for the Cluster Strike dealing damage inconsistently when targeting a VTOL jet.
- .357: Buckshot: reduced damage range, reduced effective hip fire damage. Tuned spread adjustments from barrel attachments
- Menu damage stat bar adjustments for miscellaneous LMGs
- Fixed a bug where the informant can be dropped in bad positions/near enemy soldiers in Operation Harbinger
- Added a checkpoint after the third hack on Operation Brimstone
- Fix for a bug where players could become stuck after going into last stand while breaching the trains on Operation Brimstone
- Enemies in white trucks now exit their vehicles
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
- Leaderboards will no longer display complete gamertags. This should help higher profile leaderboards users from receiving too many invites
- Fixed an issue where players would not be able to mantle while strafing with keyboard and mouse
- Increased the turn-rate when aiming with a tank
- Adjusted the camera orbit turn-rate while driving a vehicle using keyboard and mouse
- The keybind “Vehicle Camera Recenter” is now linked to Melee by default (default on E / Mouse 4) and the re-centering of the camera has been improved
- Improvements for the camera transitions with Free Camera and Aerial Camera
- Added a Killstreak view option when using the Portrait List
- Added arrows under the players when using the Aerial Camera view
- Added a skull icon on the Minimap where players die
- Fixed an issue that forced shaders to be fully re-compiled after each title update. Shader installation should be expected mainly for new content, drivers update or changing the video card. New optimizations or bugfix that require modifying the shaders can also trigger part or the totality of the shaders to be re-compiled.
What do you think of Modern Warfare’s Season One content?
Let us know in the comments section below!
Top image via Activision
This article was written by Nick Farrell, an experienced journalist who aims to provide insightful and proactive articles daily.